Monday, January 21, 2013

Elements of God's Love

We have all read the famous passage of scripture about love...1 Corinthians 13~ Love is....but there is so much more covered in the scriptures about love.  Some of the elements of God's love that I have come across are:

God's Love is:

  • Indestructible~ Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Oh that each of us could just grasp this about God's love for us.  His love IS there and nothing can change that! Of all the circumstances I could go through and endure, even death can not/will not separate me from my Lord!
  • Compassionate~ Isaiah 49:15-16 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands..." A mother is so devoted to her little ones and imagine that our Lord is even more devoted to us.  The baby cries and I am quick to care for his needs.  In the same way, my God has provided all that I need!
  • Constant~ Jeremiah 31:3 "The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you." I have people in my life who always let me down and make me feel unloved but God's love is everlasting and He draws me to Himself.  After I have been so disappointed I sit quietly and ask my Father to wrap His arms around me and just come over me and be near me.  I am never disappointed...He is happy that I have asked for His closeness and I always feel Him!
 With that and the weekend that I just had...I will gladly go and sit quietly in the presence of my Lord.  I need His love for I know that it is indestructible, compassionate and constant!


No comments:

Post a Comment