Friday, May 24, 2013

Fish Hatchery





Today marked another homeschool year coming to an end. The day started foggy and a little cooler than expected for an outdoor field trip to the fish hatchery.  As we walked around the grounds the cool breeze felt so good and the scenery was just beautiful.  The kids got to see the holding tanks for fish eggs, and all of the tanks the fish move through until they are ready to be moved to their new home. It only takes about 2 to 3 weeks and the fish are ready for their big move. We also enjoyed feeding the fish at the holding ponds.







 I think the favorite by far was the tadpole tank. The girls could have spent hours at that one tank. There were tadpoles of every size.  It can take up to 2 years for the metamorphosis to take place. God's creation is just amazing! Two weeks and fish are ready for the big lake but two years and many tadpoles are still growing and changing!











When our time came to an end we made our way over to the Rainbow park for a picnic lunch and some great time playing with friends.  I especially enjoy these times because I get to visit with some wonderful ladies.  Some special friendships have developed and spending time catching up is always uplifting to me.  However, I think sometimes I may talk to much at these gatherings. I guess I am making up for all the time I spend around the kids...all day...every day!






It is hard to believe that we have completed our 6th year of homeschooling. I cannot even begin to share with you the ups and downs in this journey so far but as each day ends I know deep down in my heart that the Lord blesses our persistence and perseverance. The ultimate goal is for our children to grow into young women that love the Lord with all of their hearts, soul, mind and strength. Goals are a vision or plan for the future and there are steps to take to reach those goals.  Just like the fish eggs that start out in a small cylinder move to larger tanks as they grow, so are my daughters starting out in my care with my daily guidance.  Eventually they will move to the outside pond just as the fish do.  The fish that have grown strong will continue in the lake and that is our goal with our daughters in their life pursuits that they will move ahead, standing firm and not falling away from the path.  The steps are important...small steps along their path with their direction coming from our amazing creator, the Lord God Almighty!


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment